Thank you for taking the time to read my blog where I’ll be sharing messages every two weeks.
I’m using blogging as an opportunity to connect with staff and highlight some of the work going on behind the scenes, plans for the future and forthcoming initiatives.
I’ll be sharing details of my day to day schedule, where I’m going and who I’m meeting and any stand out moments that happen along the way to give you an insight into what my work involves.
If you have any feedback or queries you can contact me via the communications team at firstname.lastname@example.org
John is the Chief Executive of Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust, one of the largest mental health and disability providers in the UK.
Qualifications include BSc (Hons) Mathematics (first class); Post Graduate Certificate of Education, Maths and Physics, secondary level; and Post Graduate Diploma in Leading Innovation and Change
Experience and skills/expertise:
- Ranked as fifth in the country of top NHS Chief Executives by the Health Service Journal (HSJ) in 2019
- NHS Top Leaders’ Programme participant
- Area Director in NHS England, responsible for the Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear part of the north of England
- Chief Executive of Leeds Primary Care Trust (PCT) and then of the Airedale, Bradford and Leeds PCT
- Chief Executive of Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
- Executive Director/Deputy Chief Executive of Calerdale and Hudderfield NHS Trust
- Civil Servant in the Department of Health and the Department of Employment
- Secondary School Mathematics teacher in South Yorkshire